"We are collaborating with Players For The Planet and META Collective to bring sustainable infastructure to Las Matas. We have a lot of needs but because I live there I know exactly what we need. One of the things I first started doing was trying to find a fire truck because we didn’t have one there. In 2012, I started looking around, trying to buy one. I even looked online, and the price was too high. Back then, I was talking to the Texas Rangers’ foundation, and they found a guy who owned fire trucks. We made contact with them, and then I was also able to find two ambulances. I gave one to San Francisco de Macoris and one to my hometown. Everything really started with that, but I always do stuff in the community."
The Seventh Annual PNC/Players for the Planet E-Waste Recycling Drive was a BIG success. We, with YOUR help, collected 175,543 pounds of E-Waste during the three day event in May. This brings the total E-Waste collected over the past seven years to 1,140,817 pounds....or....570 plus TONS!! What an accomplishment....what a huge success story for the people of Cincinnati and the surrounding townships!!
Here are the final results.
- Thursday, May 5, 2016 Northgate: 493 cars (6% growth year to year) 45,263 pounds
- Friday, May 6, 2016 Anderson Towne Ship: 663 cars (19% growth year to year) 60,871 pounds
- Saturday, May 7, 2016 Hyde Park: 756 cars (8% growth year to year) 69,409 pound
The three day results:
- 1,912 cars participated in the event.....amazing turnout when you think of how cold it was on Thursday!
- 175,543 pounds unloaded and recycled properly
- During the three day E-Waste Drive we averaged 58,514 pounds collected daily (49,472 in 2015)
- 1,140,817 pounds of E-Waste has been collected in Cincinnati over the past seven years and saved from going to landfill.
And, what we believe to be one of the more impressive stats, we had 142 Volunteers from local Cincinnati businesses assist us in unloading the 175,543 pounds from the 1,912 cars over the three day period.....thank you!
For more information on the 2016 recycling drive and photos (Thank you Brewster Rhodes and Michael Anderson), please visit the Cohen USA website: http://www.cohenusa.com/reds
Thank you to all of our sponsors (PNC Bank, Cohen USA, Kroger, CBTS, Rumpke, Macy's and Duke Energy), to the Cincinnati Reds, to the staff of Cohen USA, to Hamilton County Recycling & Solid Waste, City Of Cincinnati Office of Environment & Sustainability & Green Umbrella and to Jay Bruce, Marty Brennaman and George Foster....we would not be enjoying this success without your help!
It has been a pleasure, again, to work with all of you and we look forward to working with you on the Eight Annual E-Waste Recycling Drive in 2017!